Staff
Cube Points:
+2,660
Cookies:
+187
LEVEL 5
Online on Site
Staff
We have added the much awaited thaumcraft to our pack which means we may need to do a world reset when we do update the server to the latest version. We will try not to but to be able to generate the nodes etc required the reset may need to occur.
Geode_Under_350_KB_439.gif
Posted Jan 30, 18 · OP
Mod
Cube Points:
+445
Cookies:
+25
LEVEL 2
Mod
I support this fully, although i'm not one of the most advanced players on there lol. Would be lovely to have Thaumcraft in a pack in the community. I know a lot of people are intrigued to try it out.
Posted Jan 30, 18
Cube Points:
+4,800
Cookies:
+1
If it's possible I'd like to not have it reset considering I've already spent 40 hours on it.
https://gyazo.com/11814604a322fed61546e578ab989267

Some of this might work:
- Isn't it possible to just reset the mining dimension so the nodes spawn there or make an RFTools dimension for it? That would avoid a world reset.
- People can get to newly generated terrain with /rtp.
- Make a /warp or a teleporter at spawn that teleports players to an area with new terrain.
- A really hard way to avoid a world reset is to just delete all the regions that haven't been built in so new terrain will generate with the thaumcraft stuff but I think that would be waaay too much effort.

Hope this helps.
Posted Jan 30, 18
List
Undo
Staff
Cube Points:
+2,660
Cookies:
+187
LEVEL 5
Online on Site
Staff
If it's possible I'd like to not have it reset considering I've already spent 40 hours on it.
https://gyazo.com/11814604a322fed61546e578ab989267

Some of this might work:
- Isn't it possible to just reset the mining dimension so the nodes spawn there or make an RFTools dimension for it? That would avoid a world reset.
- People can get to newly generated terrain with /rtp.
- Make a /warp or a teleporter at spawn that teleports players to an area with new terrain.
- A really hard way to avoid a world reset is to just delete all the regions that haven't been built in so new terrain will generate with the thaumcraft stuff but I think that would be waaay too much effort.

Hope this helps.

Resetting would be the last resort we are going to attempt the above anyhow to see how it goes we are just unsure if the current world will be broken or not so we are testing it to see what happens and stuff because thaumcraft is a unknown regarding what has changed etc etc to the mod.
Posted Jan 30, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Helper
Cube Points:
+6,630
Cookies:
+26
LEVEL 2
Online on Site
Helper
Nodes are not enabled. Only possible issue I see is needing the saplings. I've ran through the beta already.
Posted Jan 30, 18
Staff
Cube Points:
+2,660
Cookies:
+187
LEVEL 5
Online on Site
Staff
Nodes are not enabled. Only possible issue I see is needing the saplings. I've ran through the beta already.

Is the nodes not being enabled a reason behind it like they are not needed or just not implemented yet?
Posted Jan 30, 18 · OP
Helper
Cube Points:
+6,630
Cookies:
+26
LEVEL 2
Online on Site
Helper
to my knowledge not needed. they are disable by default. apparently you can enable them in the configs, but from what I heard Aznor felt they didn't add much to the game, so they are backseated.
Posted Jan 30, 18
Helper
Cube Points:
+6,630
Cookies:
+26
LEVEL 2
Online on Site
Helper
I went through the whole Beta (at least as much as I could) and never needed a aura node. It may become important later on, but as of right now, not important. If its like previous version if it does become important, there has also been creative node that can be given as an item that spawns a node into the world.
Posted Jan 30, 18
VIP++
Cube Points:
+7,361
Cookies:
+11
LEVEL 1
VIP++
I fully support a complete reset. At present this pack has become dead to me solely based on the level I have gotten to. It would be nice to be able to restart the pack and use a different approach. If we actually implemented a reset on all packs say every 3 or 6 months I would be for it !!
Posted Jan 30, 18
VIP
Cube Points:
+661
Cookies:
+1
VIP
From what i've seen if its thaumcraft 6 then there is no point in a reset because aura nodes to my knowledge are never needed the reworked the whole vis and flux mechanic
Posted Jan 31, 18
NoticeNotices