Lag is the biggest problem on any minecraft server and we do our best to address this and rectify it if there is an issue. What will not assist us is the constant "The laaaaaaaaagggg iss soo bad" in chat without ever trying to actually troubleshoot what the cause of the lag as not all lag is server side a majority of it is client side based.
So there are two things that can cause the feeling of lag
Client Side Lag anf FPS issues
1. Do you have any shaders and - or texture packs installed - These in themselfs will and can cause FPS drops in your game
2. Have you disabled anti aliasing and reduced mipmap to 0
3. Have you given the game more RAM.
4. Is your internet connection having issues
So to ensure that your not losing packets between you and the server as this may also be an issue where packets are being lost by your ISP or somewhere inbetween
For those using Windows go here and download the program and run this for at least 5 minutes using join address as the testing address. Once completed if there is any packet loss before the final address this is something on your side to look into not the server itself. Please
We check the server regularly with timing reports etc to ensure we know if there is a drop in tps that we need to address and in general all our servers have always been sitting between 18 to 20 tps.
So there are things that can cause tps issue or fps issues
1. What is in your base is the FPS dropping only in certain ares of your base or when you face a certain direction if so then it is most likely your build that is ccausing the issue.
2. If it is not your base and you have performed the tests i mentioned above then head to support channel and ask us to check the server timings to see if there is an issue.
Finally In Coonclusion
Remember there is a difference between FPS Issues and Lag having FPS issues does not mean the server is lagging it is most likely a texture pack or shader your using or it could be a broken block in your base if its only in a certain part of your base and that would mean you finding that block and removing it.
So in short complaints in man chat will be ignored unless you follow the above guidelines. and continual complaining and typing out "IM laaaaaging" may cause you to be issued with a warning as that sort of behaviour is unhelpful and does not fix the problem it just annoys people to keep seeing it.