Questing Infinity Evolved Expert/ all servers

2 replies
VIP++
Cube Points:
+8,425
Cookies:
+6
VIP++
I've always enjoyed the idea of having quests to do on skyblock after playing it a few times, and now that there are two fresh mod packs getting loaded up i thought i would put a suggestion in about adding a "questing" mod to expert mode or across all servers.

Been searching around on google for questing mods/plugin's and have come across a few things i'll link the web addresses for the staff to have a look at!

https://www.reddit.com/r/TestPackPleaseIgnore/comments/3ieifr/aaronhowser1s_hqm_pack/?sort=top

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/50kuaz/i_finished_the_expert_mode_hqm_guide/

The two sites i found are for the same mod one is from the actual developer "top one" and the 2nd is a just a reddit on finishing the quest book and the developer answering questions on installs etc!

i think this would make the game 100x more fun and be a great addition to "shape the cube" this infarct will keep you busy all the time and you'd be able to make the quests harder take longer to complete etc, would be soo soo good to see something like this added to the server :)

thanks for taking the time out to read this Staff,

Tyco
Posted Feb 15, 17 · OP
Staff
Cube Points:
+35,139
Cookies:
+22
LEVEL 1
Staff
Normally I would be all for this since I enjoy having a quest book to give me a direction to follow and keep attention to, however we have actually tried this in the past and the outcome was not at all what we had hoped. When we tried it last time, what we thought was a simple drag, drop, and play, turned out to be extremely stressful to a lot of our players since they were not very computer savvy. Even after putting up step by step guides, we still had people asking how to install it every day and not quite understanding the guide, plus install directories for every computer are different, making exact guides difficult. Since then we do not add any mods that need to be installed client side to our servers, for simplicity's sake.

We do appreciate the ideas though, so feel free to post any ideas or suggestions in the future :)

-Tyro
Posted Feb 15, 17
Staff
Cube Points:
+45,125
Cookies:
+205
LEVEL 6
Staff
This is something that wont occur if it is not shipped with the pack it wont be added simple as that.
2cooahi.gif
Posted Feb 15, 17
NoticeNotices