Build competition and Builder Rank.

2 replies
VIP++
Cube Points:
+7,600
Cookies:
+3
VIP++
With the upcoming release of two new Modpacks. I would like to pose a suggestion.
I want to see the community more involved and particularly with skyblock it can feel like you're playing alone at times.
What if we were to open a special building dimension for a week for any player to make a creation(within certain specifications) and at the end of the week a winner be chosen.

The winner's build may be moved to the Sky Factory 3 spawn, prizes such as cube points or in game currency as well as potential to be a part of a Build team so to speak may also be up for grabs. This would be an ongoing thing, details may change or this may not happen but I want to see if there's any kind of interest out there.

What are you suggestions for this event if it came to be?

Also what are some other ideas for competitions or event's you'd like to see on the servers?

This community is how we shape it and getting the players involved is up to all of us!
Yes I would participate if this was a thing.
8 votes
61.5%
Yes this should be a thing but I won't participate.
4 votes
30.8%
No, I don't think this is a good idea.(Please comment with alternative)
1 vote
7.7%
Number of voters: 13
Posted Feb 22, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Staff
Cube Points:
+45,125
Cookies:
+205
LEVEL 6
Staff
I personally like the idea of a weekly build competition to bring the community in and involved so would be open to most of these ideas. I have always liked to have a dedicated build team would be good but that is also why we have helpers to assist with these types of things, but in saying that we are growing and we do have other things planned which would require a dedicated build team.

Having rewards for the build comp be it cube points and / cube coins is a good incentive or even a special ingame rank for that week with some added perks. This could even be a specific server opened to be just for build competitions and where we can display all the builds that have ever been made winners and compettitors also.
2cooahi.gif
Posted Feb 22, 17
VIP++
Cube Points:
+2,545
Cookies:
+29
LEVEL 2
VIP++
I've seen this be very successful in other communities. Would love to have this aspect brought here.
Posted Feb 22, 17
NoticeNotices