DMCA.com Protection Status
Shape The Cube Forum
Page
of 3

IMPORTANT New pack! Ftb Beyond!

27 replies
Hello!
BeyondImage.png

It's that time again where we want to add new packs to our server... hmmm... one pack to be exact... FTB Beyond

Now the catch, for us to open FTB Beyond we would like to close down Direwolf20 and FTB Lite mainly because we see the Beyond pack feature all the same stuff as DW20 and Lite have but also to get some room on our box for the upcoming gamemodes for Beyond (expert and sky).

So down bellow please vote if you're up for us removing DW20 and Lite in favor of FTB Beyond
- also comment down bellow with suggestion for a 1.7 pack that could potentially replace our Regrowth server
Yes! Remove DW20 and Lite!! I want FTB Beyond
2 votes
100%
Nope....
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 2
sig_612.gif
Spoiler: Spoiler!Show
Posted Mar 13, 17 · OP · Last edited Apr 2, 17 by Atoru
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+7,460
Cookies:
Keep Regrowth. Squishy123 and I are still blowing through it! :")
Posted Mar 13, 17
Cube Points:
+6,460
Cookies:
+10
LEVEL 1
After weighing in the pros and cons (for me) of a switch, I'm in support of the switch from DW20 and Lite to Beyond.

Pros
  • Direwolf and Lite are both low-pop servers. Merging into a combo pack would merge both player bases into one, allowing for more player interaction.
  • A combination pack could save on server resources over 2 separate packs (not that that is an issue given the behemoth rig we're hosted on now)
  • All Teh Mods
  • I could use a fresh start on a fresh map. I'm not too far away from having full draconic everything on Direwolf, just short on draconium, gold, and power transfer.... (maybe not draconium.. just saw this..) Also, there's the world download should I choose to continue my base...
  • As Bubbles stated on discord while conversing with me, it would be silly to not support a newly released modpack that could generate further community growth.

Cons
  • All my stuff. I'd have to start fresh. (Yes, that's a pro and a con...) Good thing there's the world download if I choose to continue my base...
  • I'm not a huge fan of some of the config changes. Actually, nvm. I think they help balance things out a bit. Makes life a little more challanging. (and after a convo with bubbles, configs can be changed if there's enough agreement to do so

Bubble0seven and Dyingday : I hope I didn't sound like I was coming off as though I felt you needed to serve direwolf for just a couple people in the public chat. That was not at all. Was just simply trying to state my opinions and weigh out pros vs. cons. Totally did not intend to sound as though I were whining about the change. As a former community/server owner and admin (both modded and vanilla), I completely understand where you're coming from on both an operational and financial standpoint, and those actually weigh into my vote as well. I'm sorry if my communication did't come through the way I intended.
Posted Mar 13, 17 · Last edited Mar 13, 17 by [Member] psybornut
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+675
Cookies:
Is there a Eta, on when when this is going to happen?
Posted Mar 13, 17
VIP++
Cube Points:
+29,560
Cookies:
+26
LEVEL 2
VIP++
We understand Psybornut don't worry. Thank you for your input it is greatly appreciated!
Posted Mar 13, 17 · Last edited Mar 13, 17 by [VIP++] Dyingday
List
Undo
Staff
Cube Points:
+46,700
Cookies:
+206
LEVEL 6
Online on Site
Staff
After weighing in the pros and cons (for me) of a switch, I'm in support of the switch from DW20 and Lite to Beyond.

Pros
  • Direwolf and Lite are both low-pop servers. Merging into a combo pack would merge both player bases into one, allowing for more player interaction.
  • A combination pack could save on server resources over 2 separate packs (not that that is an issue given the behemoth rig we're hosted on now)
  • All Teh Mods
  • I could use a fresh start on a fresh map. I'm not too far away from having full draconic everything on Direwolf, just short on draconium, gold, and power transfer.... (maybe not draconium.. just saw this..) Also, there's the world download should I choose to continue my base...
  • As Bubbles stated on discord while conversing with me, it would be silly to not support a newly released modpack that could generate further community growth.

Cons
  • All my stuff. I'd have to start fresh. (Yes, that's a pro and a con...) Good thing there's the world download if I choose to continue my base...
  • I'm not a huge fan of some of the config changes. Actually, nvm. I think they help balance things out a bit. Makes life a little more challanging. (and after a convo with bubbles, configs can be changed if there's enough agreement to do so

Bubble0seven and Dyingday : I hope I didn't sound like I was coming off as though I felt you needed to serve direwolf for just a couple people in the public chat. That was not at all. Was just simply trying to state my opinions and weigh out pros vs. cons. Totally did not intend to sound as though I were whining about the change. As a former community/server owner and admin (both modded and vanilla), I completely understand where you're coming from on both an operational and financial standpoint, and those actually weigh into my vote as well. I'm sorry if my communication did't come through the way I intended.

People this is what we call constructive input the player has been respectful in his reply regarding what he doesn't like and offers solutions to those problems also. He shows understanding of both sides not just screaming "I want this".....The above is a perfect example of what we are after when we ask for your input not these one liners that really offer nothing more than just a like or dislike comment with no further explanation.

Pysbornut I really appreciate the effort you put in to writing this and everything you said is correct on the money we appreciate your input and wish a lot of other members would do the same. I feel they don't because they feel they may get in trouble or that we do not listen which is not the case we are more receptive to the above style posts than we are of one line yes or no replies.

How are we to grow as a community if our members do not contribute or feel they can't criticise what they dislike in a constructive fashion, or to give us further input on things that we may actually be missing completely. So don't fear that you will be banned or laughed at if you give criticism to us as long as its respectful, constructive and you offer solutions to the problem your raising. Also ensure it benefits the community and it is not just a selfish reasoning behind it.

Again thanks Psybornut :) Sorry for hijacking the thread for my rant :)

Bubbles
2cooahi.gif
Posted Mar 14, 17 · Last edited Mar 14, 17 by [Staff] Bubble0sev...
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+8,320
Cookies:
there is a ETA when expert mode comes out... when thaumcraft dev team gets there !!!! together and come out lol

but fair enough
Posted Mar 14, 17
VIP++
Cube Points:
+2,545
Cookies:
+29
LEVEL 2
VIP++
It's on me how fast it comes out. Will get the builds done ASAP for you guys.
Posted Mar 14, 17
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+5,865
Cookies:
+5
The one pack i would like to play on is squadpack. It has a lot of mods i'm sure everyone enjoy
Posted Mar 14, 17
Cube Points:
+8,320
Cookies:
HOLLY BATMAN... they cancel export mode
Posted Mar 16, 17
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices