Staff
Cube Points:
+46,700
Cookies:
+206
LEVEL 6
Online on Site
Staff
This is something I did not think i would need to write up about but it seems some just do not care or remember regarding the rules about making custom dimensions. Let me refresh peoples memories now

vHpWW.png

I will not be giving any warnings for this after finding 2 players that seemed to feel they could create them

1 made 23 dimensions the other person 10 dimensions.

WE WILL DELETE ALL DIMENSIONS WE DO NOT KNOW ABOUT OR AUTHORISED NO REFUNDS NO FUCKS WILL BE GIVEN.
2cooahi.gif
Posted May 6, 17 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
VIP++
Cube Points:
+2,545
Cookies:
+29
LEVEL 2
VIP++
1fb47205f4b7a48bc2e4a0c3b05c11359838128c31ac598005a21713c96e5f35.jpg
Posted May 6, 17 · Last edited May 6, 17 by [VIP++] Hairyy
Agree
List
Undo
VIP+
Cube Points:
+1,875
Cookies:
+8
VIP+
http://www.shapethecube.net/forum/m/41326053/viewthread/29932129-whats-what-on-dimensions

DyingDay was kind enough to make a list of all the possible dimensions, and what specifically you can and can not make. It also lists what dimensions are reset each month, for reference.

:d
Posted May 6, 17
List
Undo
VIP
Cube Points:
+10,115
Cookies:
+10
LEVEL 1
VIP
Greetings, speaking as a wanna be server admin, and just out of pure curiosty: Can someone comment about the harm done on the server (if any) about having dimensions? (specifically with rftools and mystcraft). I can think of a couple obvious reasons: Disk space and performance at creation time. But there is any other? Thanks.
Posted May 7, 17
Staff
Cube Points:
+2,115
Cookies:
+7
Staff
think about it if people start making alot of dims say good bye to the disk space even if it isn't loaded it will take up disk space. performance side there are people out there that like to chunkload if that starts to happen everyone on the server will lag then the server will crash and there's a chance it will be a rollback.

think about this your left hand/arm is the RAM for the server your right hand/arm is the CPU for the server
now think about the world(s) as a box you got the overworld the nether and end that's 3 boxes now with the dims with chunkloaders lets say i make 10 dims and 10 of them are chunkloaded then it becomes 13 boxes, that's too heavy for a server then the server will go "fuk this it's too hard I'm going to drop the boxes" boom a crashed server
giphy.gif
Posted May 7, 17
VIP
Cube Points:
+10,115
Cookies:
+10
LEVEL 1
VIP
Hmm, i have not though about chunkloaders, good point, tkx.
Posted May 8, 17
Staff
Cube Points:
+34,139
Cookies:
+22
LEVEL 1
Staff
I'll also throw this in too: When we make our maps and dimensions for the server, we preload the chunks usually in a 20k block radius from spawn. When a new dimension is made, none of the chunks are preloaded. Once someone goes in and starts exploring, the chunks start to generate causing ridiculous amounts of lag for the rest of the server.
Posted May 8, 17
Cube Points:
+6,460
Cookies:
+10
LEVEL 1
To add to tyrobbb94 , some of the RFtools custom dimentions can be incredibly complex (think amplified world generation on steroids). The absurd math involved in creating such dimentions by many players would bring a server to it's knees stupid-fast.
Posted May 11, 17
NoticeNotices