DMCA.com Protection Status
Shape The Cube Forum

Claim areas

8 replies
Cube Points:
+260
Cookies:
Might i suggest the possibility to buy claim areas with cube points.
Posted Jun 2, 17 · OP
Mod
Cube Points:
+2,115
Cookies:
+7
Mod
i don't see the point we use claim areas to stop people from griefing
giphy.gif
Posted Jun 2, 17
Staff
Cube Points:
+45,125
Cookies:
+205
LEVEL 6
Staff
i don't see the point we use claim areas to stop people from griefing

I believe he is wanting to increase his claim area once its maxed using cube points.

This is not possible at this time we would definatly be able to if we were using a protection plugin such as GreifPrevention or Redprotect etc but everytime we put these in we get nothing but complaints from members.

I will speak to atoru in regards to this to see if he is willing to try again. I cannot give a estimate of when and if this will occur due to atoru being busy at work.
2cooahi.gif
Posted Jun 2, 17 · Last edited Jun 2, 17 by [Staff] Bubble0sev...
Cube Points:
+260
Cookies:
Of course, life comes first. This is actually the first time i ever used FTB claimes, before i started playing on shape the cube i had a 1,5 year absence from MC. back the i had pieced together my own modpack where i toyed with Grief prevention and World Guard. if it cant be done i´ll survive. ohh and i already maxed out my claims hehe and some of my base is already unprotected. Have a great weekend.
Posted Jun 2, 17 · OP
hmmm peeps still whining over claims, I just don't get it... why!???

I've clicked thru our ban section on the forums and from that I estimate a max of 1.5 bans per month where the reason is "griefing" rest is childish behaviour and other nonsense...

We have methods in place to track down griefers if we get a report in of something being missing and that for now is working, we have a clean and awesome community that is all about playing and not "griefing" like u get to see on most of other servers (even whitelisted)

Claiming system currently being used from EXU is enabled just because without it we cant have chunkloading from EXU

To finish my post, I'm all up for giving it another try with claim plugins if u really wish to have something like that but only if you guys and gals manage to get Bubble to do it :p
sig_612.gif
Spoiler: Spoiler!Show
Posted Jun 2, 17
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+260
Cookies:
No reason. not importen. was just woundering if it was possibull. and now i know it´s not. ;)
Posted Jun 2, 17 · OP
Staff
Cube Points:
+45,125
Cookies:
+205
LEVEL 6
Staff
I would have to agree with Atoru there would have to be a real need for it such as increased greifing etc which to date is not a huge problem not every player is even using the ftb utils to claim because they do not feel the need to as we have a great community and griefers tend to get caught out quickly.

As for me implementing this there would be set conditions

1/ Majority of the community would have to be in favor of it and i mean majority.
2/ The Protection plugin will be chosen by me not the community.
3/ There will be a maximum everybody can claim I will explain further below regarding this.
4/ Educate yourselves on the protection plugin we provide we wont hold your hands, we will provide tutorials but the rest is up to you guys to learn from what we provide we wont be hand holding players if they wish to be too lazy to check these threads out.

Now for purchasing claims that would be doable but we would still be implementing a maximum you can claim as i don't wish it to get out of hand. Also all claims must touch a previous claimed area but if this I will get into more if its decided to go ahead with.

We are open to your ideas and by no means are we saying no but we are asking that you give us a valid reason why you feel the need to change what is currently working and what ways should introduce it.

I honestly won't go through the trouble if people end up not working with us regarding this.
2cooahi.gif
Posted Jun 2, 17
Staff
Cube Points:
+29,560
Cookies:
+26
LEVEL 2
Staff
Just to add my 2 cents I agree with the other staff. I have been griefed on this server once and the person was immediately banned and everything restored in seconds due to plugins we have. If as a general consensus the server feels that they would like this to be implemented then I am behind it but for the reasons made clear by Atoru and the first hand experience of it I really don't see the need. I feel the reason Puffy said anything was for the ability to increase the number of claims and as I can read from Bub's comment it seems that is the one thing he would not be willing to make available for reasons he can explain if needed. Personally I feel what we have and the way it is, is how it should stay. Obviously this is how I see it and I am open to seeing other points of view
Posted Jun 2, 17
Cube Points:
+7,370
Cookies:
+1
ill add 2 more cents to the pile and just say i totally believe the staff when it comes to protections, they are nice to have, and cut down on petty greifers, but a quote to live on MC servers by, "Even if there are no admin's online, they see everything. EVERYTHING". So personally i dont really bother to claim my things since this community is somehow nearly greifer free, but i still claim those things that cant be replaced (ME Drives Full of **** anyone ?)
Posted Jun 7, 17
List
Undo
NoticeNotices