12 replies
VIP++
Cube Points:
+29,560
Cookies:
+26
LEVEL 2
VIP++
So we have been planning on adding a Sky Factory Challenge Mode server but issues have arised and I want your opinion as to whether or not we go ahead with it.

Our plan for the server would be to have it being run once at any given moment and will only be a weekend thing. There would be 4 slots on both Saturday and Sunday 00:00 - 06:00, 06:00 - 12:00 and so on 6 hour slots and will all be in the timezone of the server so those times will align with Eastern Standard Time. It will be a sign up by the week before thing and I will be making a plugin to only allow players who are signed up to play. We would have a server leaderboard of times that will be updated and after a set period of time the fastest will win some sort of prize (yet to be discussed). You would need to have recorded your run on either twitch or youtube or potentially upload it somewhere on the website. More information would follow if the server goes ahead.

Unfortunately I have come across a problem when creating this server which is where I want to know people's opinions. Sky Factory Challenge Mode was created so people could upload their times to a leaderboard on the FTB website, unfortunately it seems that due to them not wanting any cheating involved when I add plugins the mod they have in place to start the timings and allow you to start seems to break and I can only assume it has to do with them not wanting any cheating to be possible. I will continue to look into ways around it but I extremely doubt there are. So your two options will be have the server available the way we have it planned and be able to upload your runs to our website but not to the FTB Leaderboards or not to have the server run at all.

If anyone has any ideas and/or suggestions of making it available to FTB Leaderboard then feel free to comment beneath!
Yes have the server
14 votes
53.8%
No don't have the server
12 votes
46.2%
Number of voters: 26
Posted Jun 4, 17 · OP · Last edited Jun 4, 17 by [VIP++] Dyingday
Cube Points:
+5,140
Cookies:
+3
I think the challenge would be fun! On the other hand alot of us has gone thru sf3 and probably be a bit bored of it. I want to recommend something like Resonate Rise. Beyond is pretty well dead and I think that has to do with certain mods and/or items being banned atm. sf3 is fairly dead also. I think something with space or more exporation or quests is what people are looking for. Thx
Posted Jun 10, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Staff
Cube Points:
+46,700
Cookies:
+206
LEVEL 6
Online on Site
Staff
you do have to realise that majority of players are not playing due to exams and midterms etc, we are coming up to the summer break where players will start to return and have more time. I am not willing to say beyond or skyfactory 3 is dead until the summer break comes up and that will tell us if it is or not.

You say more qyesting type of packs we have regrowth and pickles magical 3 on but i havve not seen you or others on that pack yet..

Maybe you need to also suggest a pack instead of leaving it up to us the staff to always decide :)
2cooahi.gif
Posted Jun 11, 17 · Last edited Jun 11, 17 by [Staff] Bubble0sev...
Cube Points:
+5,140
Cookies:
+3
regrowth is a great pack but has been around quit sometime now and have played it etc. pickle pack is meh not my style. I do recall suggesting Resonate Rise from the At Launcher. I personally dont need a questing pack. If I were to recommend any packs I would definitely suggest as of right now thats out would be Project Ozone Kappa, Resonate Rise just because I wanna go to space lol! and when its released Beyond Expert. All good tho Ill play what you all suggest.
Posted Jun 12, 17
VIP++
Cube Points:
+29,560
Cookies:
+26
LEVEL 2
VIP++
We will only use packs from FTB or Curse/Twitch Launchers. We tried project ozone and it is an horrific modpack server wise causes a huge amount of problems.
Posted Jun 12, 17 · OP
Banned
Cube Points:
+4,780
Cookies:
If you are thinking of a new server, i would sincerely enjoy a good stable Foolcraft server. I know it's not a super popular pack, but it's a very fun pack. BUT i think items like the chance cubes should not be disabled like every server always does. The pack is designed around having fun and pranking fellow members. I know this is hard to control even on a white listed server, but i think it would be a fun pack to play with others. Make it a real community pack, vs every ole pack where everyone goes their separate ways and do the sames things, just visually different. Or as jnyce said, some kind of HQM questing pack besides the one's that already have servers. Newer or different not so popular packs would be nice VS what everyone else is running. I know this is easier said than done because of misc. server issues (That i know nothing about), so go easy on me lol
Posted Jun 18, 17
Staff
Cube Points:
+34,139
Cookies:
+22
LEVEL 1
Staff
As far as FoolCraft goes, if we do decide to try it out, we would have to disable the chance cubes. There are a lot of rewards that come from them that cause server crashes and severe server wide grief that cant be logged. I know they are fun to use and mess with your friends, but the consequences are just too high to be viable in a server. As for the HQM packs, we have been looking at a few possible candidates, but are waiting for some more sable updates to be pushed out for them. We don't really want a pack that will be completely different from update to update and that will cause i bunch of unneeded crashes. Id rather have a server that's up 99% of the time that 60% of the time due to unstable and alpha mods :p
Posted Jun 18, 17
Banned
Cube Points:
+4,780
Cookies:
Understandable on all levels. My vote is for a Foolcraft server then, if we are doing some voting that is lol
Posted Jun 18, 17
Staff
Cube Points:
+46,700
Cookies:
+206
LEVEL 6
Online on Site
Staff
There is no voting and even if there was Foolcraft would never be even considered
2cooahi.gif
Posted Jun 19, 17
Cube Points:
+8,810
Cookies:
How about All The Mods pack. There is an expert mode that has been released not too long ago. I know you only do FTB packs but we are running out packs to play. I never played this pack before. I want to experience this pack with others.
Posted Jun 19, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices