12 replies
VIP++
Cube Points:
+29,560
Cookies:
+26
LEVEL 2
VIP++
So we have been planning on adding a Sky Factory Challenge Mode server but issues have arised and I want your opinion as to whether or not we go ahead with it.

Our plan for the server would be to have it being run once at any given moment and will only be a weekend thing. There would be 4 slots on both Saturday and Sunday 00:00 - 06:00, 06:00 - 12:00 and so on 6 hour slots and will all be in the timezone of the server so those times will align with Eastern Standard Time. It will be a sign up by the week before thing and I will be making a plugin to only allow players who are signed up to play. We would have a server leaderboard of times that will be updated and after a set period of time the fastest will win some sort of prize (yet to be discussed). You would need to have recorded your run on either twitch or youtube or potentially upload it somewhere on the website. More information would follow if the server goes ahead.

Unfortunately I have come across a problem when creating this server which is where I want to know people's opinions. Sky Factory Challenge Mode was created so people could upload their times to a leaderboard on the FTB website, unfortunately it seems that due to them not wanting any cheating involved when I add plugins the mod they have in place to start the timings and allow you to start seems to break and I can only assume it has to do with them not wanting any cheating to be possible. I will continue to look into ways around it but I extremely doubt there are. So your two options will be have the server available the way we have it planned and be able to upload your runs to our website but not to the FTB Leaderboards or not to have the server run at all.

If anyone has any ideas and/or suggestions of making it available to FTB Leaderboard then feel free to comment beneath!
Yes have the server
14 votes
53.8%
No don't have the server
12 votes
46.2%
Number of voters: 26
Posted Jun 4, 17 · OP · Last edited Jun 4, 17 by [VIP++] Dyingday
Staff
Cube Points:
+46,700
Cookies:
+206
LEVEL 6
Online on Site
Staff
How about All The Mods pack. There is an expert mode that has been released not too long ago. I know you only do FTB packs but we are running out packs to play. I never played this pack before. I want to experience this pack with others.

We host any pack that is on the curse/twitch launcher within reason
2cooahi.gif
Posted Jun 20, 17 · Last edited Jun 20, 17 by [Staff] Bubble0sev...
Agree
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+5,140
Cookies:
+3
all the mods would be a good one. and is i believe on curse client.
Posted Jun 30, 17
Staff
Cube Points:
+46,700
Cookies:
+206
LEVEL 6
Online on Site
Staff
all the mods would be a good one. and is i believe on curse client.

Actually working on our own pack atm
2cooahi.gif
Posted Jul 1, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices