VIP
Cube Points:
+10,115
Cookies:
+10
LEVEL 1
VIP
Greetings everyone!
First of all, I would like to thank everyone that worked on the new modpack. I personally have tried that in the past and I know it can be a lot of work, in some cases is a never-ending work and having people (like me in this post) whining about nonsense can be frustating. So don't hate me xD, just pat me on the head patronizingly and i'll forget about it:

Suggested mod: OpenComputers
Project site: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/opencomputers
Minecraft version: 1.10.2
Dependencies: None (how cool is that?)
Known conflicts with other mods: Valkyrien Warfare, Practicalities Mod, Chromaticraft
Introduces Ore-Gen stuff?: No.

Description: This mod adds computers that can be programmed in Lua 5.2 and 5.3

Why (IMO):
- It is a tech mod (ok ok no big deal),
- It won't introduce over power stuff that breaks HQM based packs,
- It can be challenging for hardcore packs, given the nature and complexity of the OC recipes, it is aimed to be used at end game (even having the recipes with AE autocrafting is hard) because its microcrafting hell.
- For some people having united their two passions (coding and minecraft) in one place is priceless.

So what use will it have:
- It can help you at end game gathering info from your machines and fulfill your dream of having your own NOC with flashy lights and reports (that's not your dream i get it, but running your extreme reactor with extreme efficiency is awesome!),
- It have Drones (flying robots),
- The Hologram projector is cool to play with (from text marquees to geo-rendering),
- It have a very cool 3D printer to make blocks that can even react to redstone,
- Nanomachines adds the mechanic of experimenting with your body ingesting machines, it is kind of random, but you can gain potion buffs or nasty effects.
- You can even program an OC computer to control stuff in the real world, so imagine the server staff logged in your admin-hq whitelisting users, checking server status and doing admin-stuff xD (I'm just being silly)

So you are using a computer to play minecraft where your character is in front of a computer coding and/or playing a game? You are such a nerd. YES I AM xD

Technical notes:
I made some tests with the current modpack release (5.1). The only issue (to my understanding) to be addressed is that OC's recipe for diamond chip (1 diamond = 6 diamond chips) gets overwritten by the diamond nugget recipe. This could be addressed changing the recipe for the chips using the nuggets:
Copy
chipDiamond { type: shapeless input: nuggetDiamond output: 1 }

Also, this guys used another solution.

Kisses,
Luisau
Posted Oct 4, 17 · OP · Last edited Oct 4, 17 by [VIP] luisau
VIP
Cube Points:
+10,115
Cookies:
+10
LEVEL 1
VIP
Thanks for your suggestion Luisau!, we will consider it, but it is not as simple as placing the jar, we need to see how it fits in the progression of the pack
Posted Oct 11, 17 · OP
VIP
Cube Points:
+10,115
Cookies:
+10
LEVEL 1
VIP
Thanks for your prompt answer Luisau, I understand.
Posted Oct 11, 17 · OP
VIP
Cube Points:
+10,115
Cookies:
+10
LEVEL 1
VIP
No problem mate, have a good day
Posted Oct 11, 17 · OP
Staff
Cube Points:
+45,125
Cookies:
+205
LEVEL 6
Staff
Are you broken ?? Do we need to restart you ??

As quoted by a great person

Thanks for your suggestion Luisau!, we will consider it, but it is not as simple as placing the jar, we need to see how it fits in the progression of the pack
2cooahi.gif
Posted Oct 11, 17 · Last edited Oct 11, 17 by [Staff] Bubble0sev...
Funny
List
Undo
VIP
Cube Points:
+10,115
Cookies:
+10
LEVEL 1
VIP
Yeah, that'd be right mate, I'm buggered. I was just trying my best aussie impersonation. I guess I'll just grab my amber fluid and go back to the barbie with my ankle biters this arvo.
Posted Oct 11, 17 · OP
Funny
List
Undo
Staff
Cube Points:
+45,125
Cookies:
+205
LEVEL 6
Staff
Mods: