4 replies
Staff
Cube Points:
+36,739
Cookies:
+18
LEVEL 1
Staff
We have been getting a lot of questions regarding the opening of Enigmatic and updating our current server across support and general chat alike, and as you can imagine it is getting tiring to hear the same questions everyday. I know that being kept in the dark is frustrating, but it is not our intention to hide anything from our community. So I've decided to try to lighten up and hopefully answer the questions you might be thinking of with this post.

First, let's talk about our upcoming pack Enigmatic. As some of you may know, we ran into an issue where the mod(spongeforge) that runs our plugin has not been updated to be compatible with the most recent versions of forge. Because of this, we cant use it until it is updated. This also happened with Sevtech, which we opened purely vanilla. However, there were issues with Sevtech involving perms, items, the store, and others that we didn't want to repeat. Since we do not know when spongeforge will be updated to a compatible version, we have decided to look into alternative routes. Now I will say that what i mention here is NOT GUARANTEED, but if it works, it will let us open sooner rather than later. We are looking into a couple of mods called thut permissions and thut essentials to handle permissions and basic commands. The shop will also be connected to the server, and Jin has been working on discord integration. If all goes well, we will have a replacement for what our other servers have without needing spongeforge.

Moving on, Sevtech has an update! Yes we know, and we are not going to forget, I promise. The problem is that the 3.0.7 update has some issues with corrupting worlds (It actually happened to us too, and we had to use a backup of the world). Once a stable build or work around to avoid corruption comes up, it will be updated.

As for any other pack we host, if it already runs spongeforge and plugins, and is stable, we will wait until there is a compatible spongeforge version to update to. Its in the best interest of both the staff and the community.

For those wondering about a skyblock: Yes, there will be one. After enigmatic is opened, I will be putting up a poll to see which one the community wants the most, and we will begin preparations.

I think that about wraps it up. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask below and either I or another staff will try to answer them to the best of our capability. Also any updates will be posted here. We hope you all have a better understanding of where we stand :)

-Tyro
Posted May 14, 18 · OP
List
Undo
VIP
Cube Points:
+5,830
Cookies:
+39
LEVEL 2
VIP
Do Thaumium Golems dream of eldritch sheep?
Posted May 14, 18
Funny
List
Undo
Staff
Cube Points:
+36,739
Cookies:
+18
LEVEL 1
Staff
*Prepares Ban Hammer* :p
Posted May 14, 18 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Staff
Cube Points:
+32,950
Cookies:
+196
LEVEL 5
Staff
I like to add that we do a lot in the background and we far from sit and do nothing when a problem arises and in saying that we also do have lives to deal with outside this community. The donations to the community do not pay for our wages it only covers the cost of the server that is it. We also do not cater to those who have a little tantrum because things are not going as planned, being a donor also does not give you the right to have special favours or to be treated above any other member of this community. Do not threaten to leave like a 2 year old because we will only bid you farewell and best of luck in your futures (Grumps we love you but it is not all about you and the only reason I am naming you as you felt the need to be open with your unhappiness of how we were dealing with things)

So if you feel that things are not going the way you think they should feel free to privately message one of the staff and discuss it with them and we will be too happy to let you know what is going on, there truly no need to feel that we are hiding anything or not doing what we say we will do within our power.

Bubbles
Geode_Under_350_KB_439.gif
Posted May 15, 18
List
Undo
VIP
Cube Points:
+5,830
Cookies:
+39
LEVEL 2
VIP
Because I have had to explain to a lot of people in discord I'd thought I'd also share it here. Spongeforge is the plugin we used on the servers. What does it do. It allows a lot of the back end stuff most of us don't even realize is going on. If I understand it right (I've chemist not a computer science major) is its what allows you to use the /RTP (random teleport) allows all our servers to have a cross chat (along with a bot or two but sponge is how the bots get the data) allows for different levels of permission (it's what lets helpers teleport to you to help you) allows you as a member to use the /TPA command. Those who have played Sectech know we can't do that on that server because it doesn't have sponge.

Note it's not OUR sever that isn't compatible, there are a lot of 1.12 mod packs that are not working with sponge. Message boards are filled with bug reports where the answer is sponge is the conflict. the authors of sponge are hard at work trying to fix these conflicts, but when it will be resolved is out of our hands. The Staff isn't just laying around laughing at us. They are looking into alternatives to sponge (not an easy task as not only would they need to find a replacement for sponge, but then retool all the code they have spent the life of this community building to fix the new thing) But they are also working at making the community better once we do get passed this road block. if you look at the server shop for Enigmatic you'll see its been updated a lot and offers a lot more items than previously server shops. They are also looking into other modpacks to bring out, however as with Enigmatic most new modpacks don't work with the current sponge. In truth many of the servers we currently have running sponge forge have issues if you dig around enough in the pack and the staff has been putting bandaids on these issues many by banning any item that creates a conflict but that can serious limit play. Astral sorcery for example has had some of it's end game stuff blocked because the Chalice of Containment creates conflict but is a key piece in end game Astral Sorcery. Anyone who trying to setup a villager trading center on ATM3 will find that the trade tables are all messed up and you end up finding after the first trade that the alchemist gives you Immersive engineering trade table. Some of the issues the staff deal with can take days to even figure out what is going wrong because despite popular opinion Google doesn't have all the answers.

Remember the staff is just as frustrated as you are (if not more) about the sponge issue.

Patience is usually the key to any problem... unless it's a literal time bomb.
Posted May 18, 18
Agree
List
Undo
NoticeNotices