TuverMage @ Infinity
VIP
Cube Points:
+5,830
Cookies:
+46
LEVEL 2
VIP
SO we are reaching out to the members. We have packs to retire. one, two, maybe three. but definely one. but we need to know what packs people are interested in. So post your suggestions here. once we gather enough, we can run them through some technically filters and then put a poll up asking which ones you want.

Please don't recommend packs that use Project E.

Packs that have been said to me

Exoria
Forever stranded lost soul
modern skyblock 3
space astronomy 2

Please add to the list. if we don't get it this round we can try it again next round. But we need to hear from you want you'd like to play. I haven't heard of every pack out there, lead alone know which ones are good or bad. I also hope others take up to posting their own modpack review to share their experience with others so other might learn of new packs and what they are about.
Posted Oct 31, 18 · OP
List
Undo
VIP++
Cube Points:
+90,705
Cookies:
+5
VIP++
Here are some suggestion that i have on my play list (I only picked the 1.12 ones):

Minecraft Time:
"Generally speaking, Minecraft Time is a highly tech-based modpack. Hundreds of modifications are only waiting to be explored by players. Discover the possibilities of popular mods, from Extreme Reactors to Draconic Evolution. Soon, you'll find out that the sky is, in fact, not the limit when you build your own rockets with Advanced Rocketry and explore outer space! However, this pack does not only include extensive mainstream mods, but also smaller ones such as Sync, for cloning players, or Matter Overdrive, which lets you shed your human shell and become a droid. Not your cup of tea? Then maybe you're in the mood for your own storyline! With Custom NPCs you can create your own fractions with your very own quests."
LINK: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/minecraft-time

Automaton:
"Automaton is a highly focused modpack intended to encourage factory building and automation using large multiblock machines.
Automaton is a questing modpack with over 200 quests guiding you through the major pieces of the pack, but only 98 mods, meaning it's lightweight and quick."
LINK: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/automaton
Posted Oct 31, 18
Agree
List
Undo
VIP++
Cube Points:
+2,545
Cookies:
+29
LEVEL 2
VIP++
I'll give my opinions on the packs, their effects on the community, and then recommend some others.

SevTech Ages:
This is a solid well made hard-style pack, that i'm certain will have brought members to the community, and will likely continue to with it's popularity. I think it'd be worth keeping this pack around for a good while, as I see it healthily populated regularly.

ATM3:
I've got a love-hate relationship with this pack. As fun as it is to have a whole **** tonne of mods piled together to play with, we all know the issues this pack has had from the beginning. Tracking issues in the cluster of mods this pack has is near impossible sometimes. We still have some people playing it, but I think given a healthier all-round pack option to go onto they'd be happier, and the Staff would be too ;)

Enigmatica 2:
I only looked into this pack yesterday, I know little of what it did for the community as I wasn't here for it's release, and for a long time since then. However I think the poll for adding the Expert mode is very exciting, for me personally. It's one of the few packs that holds the new Thaumcraft, so it must be attractive to some of the modded community. I think as far as a normal-mode pack goes, this is fairly standard, and could possibly be replaced.

Age Of Engineering:
Oh my sweet sweet AoE. As much as I love this pack, I think it's served it's purpose. A few players recently started a new playthrough on it, but I really think it should be replaced. After the updates stopped on this pack so the Creator could work on his smaller project, this pack didn't get the love it needed to fix up some of it's horrendous lag issues. I wouldn't mind seeing it brought back to the community with a fresh map one day, as I remember the launch of AoE was a very healthy and busy time for our community.

Skyblock Slot:
The current system for the Skyblock slot is perfect in my opinion.

Onto some new packs i'd recommend.
Enigmatica 2 Expert:
I know this is already in a poll, I just want to reinforce that I think it'll be an excellent addition if it does get through.

Revelations:
I played this pack a little, just felt like a solid all round pack, had little to no performance issues. Could be a replacement for either ATM or Enigmatica 2 Normal. Although the major hype for this pack is way past, I still think it could benefit us.

Continuum:
Quite a unique expert-mode style pack, machines all the way to the end. Most bugs are patched up by now. I put 450 hours into a playthrough on this, so it can eat up some time if you don't rush it!

Farming Valley:
I haven't played this pack, however I think it looks very cute and unique, and I know some people in the community would play it for sure. Just another possibility.

Hope all this helps somewhat.
Much love.
Posted Oct 31, 18
List
Undo
Staff
Cube Points:
+45,125
Cookies:
+205
LEVEL 6
Staff
It is good to see you back in the community hairy i am really happy to see you back :)
2cooahi.gif
Posted Oct 31, 18
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+2,850
Cookies:
+3
I usually pop in once every couple of months to play for a couple weeks and then vanish to actually get my school and social life sorted again (lol)... But I have noticed that a lot of players in this community like hardcore packs, or at least difficult packs. Therefore:

TerraFirmaPunk
It's on the Twitch launcher of course and it's based around the mod TerraFirmaCraft which is an insanely in-depth pack turning basic Minecraft mechanics into almost real-life processes like metal working. Also has special physics that make all blocks have gravity (like gravel/sand) so that you have to properly support them to build structures etc.

Idk if it's only hardcore or if you can disable hardcore mode, but if it's to be disabled I'd definitely recommend it!
Posted Oct 31, 18
List
Undo
Mod
Cube Points:
+152,850
Cookies:
+5
Mod
I second the terafrimapunk pack
enjin-1329500-13724234-gray.png
Posted Oct 31, 18
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+1,010
Cookies:
+1
I hadnt heard of Terrafirmapunk before now, but based on that description I third that suggestion.
Posted Oct 31, 18
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+10
Cookies:
+2
Hello! I have played a good amount of terrafirmacraft before, almost as much I did SevTech on your servers. I can tell you, SevTech is like the easier but fun version of Terrafirmacraft. What i mean by that is that Terrafirmacraft is cruel, and very hard, where Sevtech cuts on the too hard stuff to make it enjoyable with leveled down difficulty spikes, for access to more people.

Don't get me wrong thought, I am one of those mentionned earlier that enjoys a challenge. When I achieve something in Terrafirmacraft it feels GOOD, makes every other pack feel dull because its so easy compared to it. Sevtech had this aspect, with a smoother touch.

The timing would be right, as everyone that played, enjoyed, and finished Sevtech would be ready now for TFC. (or terrafirmapunk in this case (TFC + custom addons and hardcore quests))

I would recommend it as I enjoyed a lot my single player playthrough. I didnt finish thought, as it was getting too hard. But with friends It might be do-able. :)

I would like to insist on this one amazing detail about TFC: it's the only pack (i know) that successfully applies physics to blocks. Like you can't make a house hold on the tip of a wooden log over a cliff. You need structure, pillars, etc. Also, if you just randomly mine underground, there's a strong chance the stone ceiling will collapse on you and kill you if you don't put support over your head. There's a wooden block for that. It's also the hardest metal crafting iv'e ever seen, it's just crazy.

I would recommend watching this guy, as he inspired me to play just like he did:
-

Note to the Hosts:
1 thing thought, default settings works fine for single player, I'm not sure it would work for many players as the ores are 10X harder to find in TFC, you might want to have a mining dimension that resets once in a while. That said, y'all need to know, it's much harder to mine in TFC as mentionned earlier. A reset would hurt the feelings of the fine mine builder XD. I don't know what to suggest there yet.

Anyway. Thx for reading if you did, I sure will try one more time if you make it happen :)
Posted Oct 31, 18
List
Undo
Cube Points:
+10
Cookies:
As some of you guys said I prefer continuum.
Posted Nov 1, 18
Cube Points:
+2,850
Cookies:
+3
I'd agree with the mining dimension. It allows for people to limitlessly mine for metals there, but they will still be able to make a cool-looking mineshaft near their house in the overworld.
Posted Nov 2, 18
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices